D-DAY 80 BEACON
Easily transported, easy to use and creates a great effect. For outdoor use only. Click on image to left for larger view.
Details of the D-DAY 80 BEACON
- Burner unit with distinctive design including details of the 5 Beaches to commemmorate the 80th Anniversary of D-DAY on June 6th 2024
- 2m stand with a ground anchor and rope for fixing to ground (where ground anchor cannot be used we would recommend that sandbags (not supplied) be used to drape over the legs)
- 10m of hose with regulator for connecting to the gas cylinders
- FirePower Gas torch for lighting the burner (you will need to obtain a 400g disposable cylinder of propane for this - see below)
- Leak detecting fluid
- Hose assembly and Y manifold to link 2 cylinders
- Full lighting and safety instructions - see video above for images of how to set up and operate.
- Download instructions here
- Packaging in 2 strong cartons. Approx sizes and weights 1 x 7kg - 200 x 200 x 1200 mm, 1 x 7kg - 500 x 400 x 350 mm
If you have one of our previous beacons you may be able to adapt it by buying a Burner only - see part no 2024/01.
- The price is £549 plus VAT including carriage within the UK Mainland excluding highlands and islands. There will be an extra carriage charge for other areas. If you would like one, please let us know the delivery address and we will send you an acknowledgement/pro-forma for you to confirm details. No payment will be required until just before we despatch.
- Payment by Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card or Cheque. Payment will not be asked for until the Beacon is about to be despatched. Order by 18th April 2024 to guarantee delivery by 29th May 2024. However please enquire after this date for availability.
- You will need to obtain 1 x 47kg or 2 x 19kg propane gas cylinders from an LPG stockist which will give continuous burning for 45 minutes or more. The flame may tend to decline after 45 minutes or so and the cylinders may start to freeze up though the flame will still be significant. You should use 2 x 47kg for events going on an hour or more.
- You will also need to obtain a 400g cylinder of propane with a CGA600 fitting - Bullfinch No 1644 or Rothenberger or other equivalent. Travis Perkins, Screwfix and Plumb Centres and some DIY stores should have these.
The D-Day 80 Beacon is for outdoor use only. Keep the Beacon burner at least 3 metres away from any building, roof, wall, or combustible material including trees and bushes and ensure that people are kept at least 5 metres away from the beacon. Gas cylinders should be at least 3 metres away from the beacon.
The burner and flame are stable in the wind but we would recommend the use of the ground anchor and bolt (supplied) or sandbags (not supplied) (see above)
The beacon needs to be supervised by two competent persons at all times when lit.