Key folder in safepath unaccessible
Battle's Over Beacon
Beacon of Light
An innovative beacon with WWI motif. Easily transported, easy to use and creates a great effect. For outdoor use only.
Details of the Battle's Over Beacon, Beacons of Light
- Burner unit with distinctive design to commemmorate the event with the motif WWI 1914 18 round the circumference
- 2m stand with a ground anchor and rope for fixing to ground (where ground anchor cannot be used we would recommend that sandbags (not supplied) be used to drape over the legs)
- 10m of hose with regulator for connecting to the gas cylinders
- FirePower Gas torch for lighting the burner (you will need to obtain a 400g disposable cylinder of propane for this - see below)
- Leak detecting fluid
- Hose assembly and Y manifold to link 2 cylinders
- Lighting and safety instruction - click here to download
- Packaging in 2 strong cartons. Approx sizes and weights 1 x 9kg - 320 x 320 x 1500 mm, 1 x 6kg - 610 x 610 x 450 mm
- The price is £360 plus VAT including carriage within the UK Mainland. There will be an extra carriage charge for other areas.
- Payment by Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card or Cheque. Payment will not be asked for until the Beacon is about to be despatched. Last date to order to guarantee delivery by 1st November is 31st August 2018. However please enquire after this date for availability.
- You will need to obtain 2 x 47kg propane gas cylinders from an LPG stockist which will give continuous burning for several hours. Note that you can use 2 x 19 kg or 1 x 47 kg but you must make sure the cylinders are full of gas. The flame may tend to decline after 45 minutes or so and the cylinders may start to freeze up. The flame will still be significant. You should use 2 x 47kg for events going on an hour or more.
- You will also need to obtain a 400g cylinder of propane with a CGA600 fitting - Bullfinch No 1644 or Rothenberger or other equivalent. Travis Perkins, Screwfix and Plumb Centres and some DIY stores should have these.
The Battle's Over Beacon is for outdoor use only. Keep the Beacon burner at least 3 metres away from any building, roof, wall, or combustible material including trees and bushes and ensure that people are kept at least 5 metres away from the beacon. Gas cylinders should be at least 3 metres away from the beacon.
The burner and flame are stable in the wind but we would recommend the use of the ground anchor and bolt (supplied) or sandbags (not supplied) (see above)
The beacon needs to be supervised by two competent persons at all times when lit.
We can quote for more permanent beacons and beacons to your requirments - please ask - contact us